From Hong Kong, with Love

by - February 05, 2018





To be truly honest with you guys, I don't have a passport until November last year. I bravely booked a flight to Hongkong last July 2017 even though I don't have passport yet (haha yes that was true bravery).

It was my first time in Hongkong, It can be scary traveling alone, especially when you've never done it before. But to me, growing old without experiencing everything you want from life is scarier.



One of the best thing to do in Hongkong is to visit the happiest place on East Asia, Hongkong Disneyland! With a whole host of Disney characters to meet, rides to enjoy, a Lion King Show, Fantasy parade and fireworks, you are guaranteed a day of fun and much excitement.







What I love walking around here is that wherever I go, happy and cheerful music is everywhere to lead my steps.








Mickey waffle!!!






2nd Day.

The streets are quite unfamiliar. The city has lots of things to offer to everyone. For my first international trip, Hongkong turned out to be a hit.

The Iconic Red Taxi.











For the shopaholic, it's a haven. Especially when you love branded items.



 

I thought I was in Divisoria haha.

Their transportation is very accessible! Less-hassle compare to PH.



More than that, solo travel gives you ultimate freedom. In that freedom and infinite space of possibility, you meet yourself. You have to learn how to survive. Who to trust, where to eat, where to go. That's the reward of solo travel: Personal Growth. Whether a weekend or a two-week vacation, try it at least once!

Below are some tips if you're going to Hongkong:

* Purchase all the essentials in advance. I was talking about the airfare which I booked on Cebupac, Disneyland Tickets (Klook.com), cheap hostel if you're on a tight budget which I got for only 3,000php 4D3N!!! at Airbnb.com, and Octopus Card which you can purchase upon arriving at Honkong Airport. Trains, Buses, Taxis, and most of stores at Hongkong accepts payment through Octopus Card. You can reload it at 7 Eleven near your hotel.

* Get a map upon arriving Hongkong Airport especially their MTR Maps. It is a huge help!

* In Disneyland, approach their staff and ask for stickers. They give it for free!

* 1 HKD = 6.39 PHP


Love,
Eya

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram