Making Memories at Coron

by - August 17, 2019


Pristine beaches, magnificent lagoons, rich coral gardens and diverse wildlife are the things you will encounter when you visit Coron. Above the surface, Coron is as just majestic and the deeper you look the more breathtaking sights you will find here.


Best Time To Visit

The best time to visit Coron is during the island's dry season. The dry season runs from October to mid-June. The rainy season runs from mid-June to September with daily rains. During dry season, the only downside is that it's the most popular  and flights during this period is much more expensive.

Flights To Coron
The quickest way to get to the island is via plane. There are daily fligghts going to the island. You may choose your departure points from Manila, Clark or even Cebu. Tickets going to Coron is I may say a little bit expensive but you will be able to snag a cheap fare like I always do during CebuPac seatsale. The popular entry to get to Coron is the Busuanga Airport.

Tip: When you ride the plane, take the seat A going to Coron and seat D going back to Manila, That way, you will be able to see the beauty of Coron, Palawan from above.



Where to stay?
There are many cheap and affordable hotels and resort in Coron. I got my hostel for only 800PHP for 3D2N at Sea Horse GuestHouse thru Agoda.com. Most hotel and resorts offer free breakfast on your stay.

Experience
When I first arrived to Coron, I scratched my head at what's this tiny town got to offer. There is just one main road that is packed with tricycles, tourists, and van. The truth is, the Coron Town is not the main point people come here.



My first stop is Green Lagoon, we got so lucky that our boat brought us there first when nobody is still there, so yeah we own the lake like we bought it haha! I had my jaw on the floor when I saw this enchanting beauty!

After taking 10 million photos, we went to Kayangan Lake. You will walk across awooden board and hike up some stairs before you see the best viewing spot of Kayangan Lake. Again, once you're done taking million of photos, you can walk down the other side of the viewing platform and take a dip in the cool lake.





 This is the iconic sight you see on many postcards of Palawan.


Twin Lagoon is two exquisite swimming holes made up of 70% salt water and 20% fresh water. The water here is too dark for snorkeling bur swimming is really fun. There are parts that too deep but there are parts that are bearable for people who doesn't know how to swim like me.





To end our day, we choose to relax at the powdery sand of CYC Beach.



Marveling our friendship goals pose on crystal clear water of CYC Beach.



 Witness some WWII artifacts and learn a bit about the history of the Philippines by getting up close with one of the Japanese warships that was sunk in Coron. Combined with a colorful coral garden, Reefs and Wrecks is agreat snorkeling tour tah you shouldn't pass up!






After the Reef & Wrecks Tour, we decided to have lunch at Dimanglet Island where we also decided to stay longer and end our day there before we go back to our hotel. Our boatmen cooked our food without additional fee, yes people there are very n ice and helpful.







Last dip before I call it a day!

Being with my friend, I think this is far one of my best travel here in the Philippines. So many memories were made that I will forever cherish. I promised myself that I will go back here with my family to show them how majestic Coron is!

Love,
Eya

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram