LA UNION: HELLO, 27!

by - May 19, 2019



It was a very good day that day. The sun was up, and everything looked so vibrant. On my 27th birthday, I decided to celebrate at La Union alone. Yes, you heard it right, alone. It was a gift for myself to have peace and freedom. I never knew it will be an eye-opener for me. This trip taught me to be more patient, and know myself more.

FUN FACT:
This birthday celebration cost only 2,500 Pesos for two days!!




WHERE I STAY
I booked my hostel at The Circle for only 600 pesos for 1 night.They have for girls and for boys dormitory. You'll just have to deposit 100 pesos for pillows & bed sheets. Don't worry for your things for they have lockers, just bring your own padlock and key. They have nice comfort rooms and bathrooms and people there were very approachable and kind. The Circle is just within the reach of the beach.



The Circle's common area

WHERE I EAT
Flotsam & Jetsam is the most popular restaurant in San Juan, La Union aside that it is just beside the beach. You can also book your accmmodation with them here Flotsam & Jetsam Hotel.











Choka is also a resto bar by the beach. They serve beers and fruit shakes. I was happy they sang happy birthday to me. They were that thoughtful. Shakes ranges from 100 - 120 pesos only.







Tagpuan is also a famous kainan in San Juan, La Union. Their name suits them because bus alights passengers exactly where the restaurant is (I think that's why they called it Tagpuan haha).






Olas Banditos serves mexican food for only 90-100 pesos. You must also tried it for some mexican vibe experience.



WHAT I DO
Surfing. No, I didn't surf. Haha. I'm still afraid of it, maybe next time? Or next birthday? But as far as I as I know, surf board rental cost 400 pesos.






Before I go back home to Manila, I went to Macho Temple. I ride a jeepney to San Fernando, La Union to get to Macho Temple. There's no entrance fee but they have dress code like no sleeveless or any clothes that shows too much skin.





BUDGET BREAKDOWN

As I mention earlier I only spend 2,500 pesos for this 2-day trip. Some hotels have free breakfast so La Union is a budget friendly. Plus, it's very easy getting there. All restaurants and foodtrips are walkable and within the reach of the beach and most hotels. There's also 7 eleven if you need something and BDO atm machines. So if you want to disappear from all the deadlines and paperworks, I must say that La Uinon is a good choice for some break.

By Bus (Cubao)
Partas Terminal - 1,100 roundtrip

Food
Pares at Tagpuan - 95
Mango Shake at Choka - 100
Chicken meal at Olas Banditos - 90
Tapa at Tagpuan - 95

Jeep to Macho Temple - 11

Accommodation at The Circle - 600/night

PS. I don't usually eat dinner so the budget is without dinner. I also have some baon which I bought from Manila like bread and chichiria.



Love,
Eya


You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram