Burot Beach: A 1,000 Peso Summer Escape

by - June 23, 2016


(Calatagan, Batangas)

It was love at first sight with Burot Beach. The sea, the sand, the blue sky, the place! My kind of place!


I could smell and hear the waves as I walked towards the beach, The crashing was so loud, the waves must be huge! I was so excited but tried to hide it. Then as if a big surprise, my eyes became wide when we finally reached the shore, and all I ever did was to repeatedly utter a silent yet big "WOW!"


The sun was already down and the orange sky was slowly creeping from the east. There was only few minutes left before total darkness envelope us. On that moment, I felt the rush, Without the second thought, I ran and hit the waves! I wanted to take advantage of the remaining daylight. 

I couldn't say "no" to the waves, the calling was too strong and empowering to resist.



The next morning,the daylight revealed the real grandeur of the place. It is more sublime than I thought it was. The receding tide exposed the long and wide fine sand, cream in color but as if white when the sunlight touches it. I felt in love in Burot Beach once more!




I had to leave by midday back to Manila and leaving Burot Beach was one of my saddest goodbyes.











You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram